The Sheer Publishing team will be attending the 2015 Doadoa East African Performing Arts Market. The Doadoa Fest will be taking place from the 6th -9th of May in Jinja, Uganda. Sheer Publishing has been invited to be part of a panel discussion on earning royalties in Uganda and Kenya on the 7th of May.
DOADOA is the East African Performing Arts Market that provide a platform for professional networking and joint learning, brings together various stakeholders and link people, organizations, businesses, knowledge and technology with a view to create demand and develop a market for the performing arts and unlock the potential of the East African creative industry, making it an important factor for economic, social and cultural development throughout the region.
DOADOA has the following objectives:
- to cause a gradual growth in the identification and exposure of East African performing arts within and beyond the region as witnessed by increased trade volumes;
- to enable East African creative entrepreneurs and industry professionals to receive exposure, regionally and internationally, and find new markets within the region and beyond by providing platforms to showcase and promote themselves;
- to professionalize creative entrepreneurs and industry professionals to meet new regional and international challenges through seminars, training workshops and skills exchanges;
- to contribute to the development and strengthening of links and networks between creative entrepreneurs and industry professionals within the region as well as beyond;
- to contribute to joint lobby and advocacy activities for recognitions and national and regional support towards the creative industry.
Sheer Publishing looks forward to seeing you at the Doadoa festival!!!
Visit them at http://doadoa.org/