Kgomotso, known creatively as Tsoness, is a singer, songwriter, poet, writer, and stage performer from South Africa, Gauteng, Soweto. Musically she can be described as a soulful charismatic singer who delivers with light but emotional husky undertones. Her music is described as Indie World music that fuses her native language, Setswana, with English.
Through her music, Tsoness seeks to address the challenges and benefits of various relationships that humans go through. These relationships start with a relationship to self and how it spills into a relationship with others, nature, life, and God. This is a meticulous journey of understanding one’s inner world as it projects outwardly while finding ways to unpack the key points in a native language of the soul.
• Studied Public Relations which exposed her to a number of communication fields.
• Her curiosity about people and their brands, and her love for language, landed her in the world of Market Research as a digital insight analyst and qualitative analyst.
• Having done a lot of consulting work for both local and overseas companies, she has over the years gained invaluable knowledge of how consumers behave in ever-changing digital spaces and how that affects brand perception in the real world.
• This led to her delving into a number of social projects in which she used her social research skills to manage and facilitate change, especially in the minds of the youth and women.
• These projects focus mainly on:
• Embracing African heritage and way of being within modern mixed identities.
• Self-exploration, self-knowledge, and self-love through language, performance art, and interactive gatherings.
• Reconnecting women to their bodies through Embodiment Wellness workshops.
Tsoness has performed at:
• The Soweto Art and Craft Fair
• Soweto Day (Jozi FM)
• Poetic Thursdays
• Tavern Restaurant at Maponya Mall
• Negritude Gallery Maboneng
• Sawubona Music Jam
• The Roots Restaurant Gallery
• Spilt Milk Poetic Tuesdays
• Smoking Dragon Festivals
• Baxter Theatre
…and other various pop-up events in and around Gauteng and Cape Town.