1. How long have you been composing? – I have been composing For over 10 years, as a young star in high school I was writing song, I just didn’t know you can make a living out of it.
2. What is your creative process? How do you start creating a beat? / How do you start writing lyrics to a beat? – it depends on where I am, how I feel, or what so happening around me. Sometimes I simply get the melody and I connect words letter depending on how the melody is. Sometimes I get a full song from nothing and start singing together with melody, and those become very big songs for me.
3. What made you chose a career in this field? – I don’t think I chose it, I believe it’s a gift. I am a singer and this was probably part of my journey and plan. I started out as a singer first and started writing my own songs that define my own sound.
4. Did you do any courses for your career field? – I never did any course but I research all the time, check how things are done, and these days you can learn a lot from the internet.
5. What advice can you give to aspiring composers? – music is for the people, create music with people in mind.
6. What other composer’s or artists have you worked with? – I have worked with Lira, worked with Nqubeko Mbatha, have worked with Siyanqoba Mthethwa, Judith Sephuma and many many more.
7. What has been the highlight of your career? – I was part of Johannesburg Art a Alive 2013 which was out door at the Zoo lake , jazz on the Lake SA, I also was part of Durban Jazz festival in KZN SA .I am about to experience my other highlight which is Standard Bank Joy of jazz happening in September which I am very much excited about.