1. How long have you been composing?
I’ve been composing for eight years now, since I joined Joyous Celebration in 2009
2. What is your creative process? How do you start creating a beat? / How do you start writing lyrics to a beat?
Most of the songs that I write come in my time of devotion and prayer and maybe meditating on a particular scripture and a certain melody will be dropped in my heart and the beat or rhythm to that song.
3. What made you chose a career in this field?
It is my passion believe it is what I was created for, simple as that…lol
4. Did you do any courses for your career field?
Not yet, it is in my plans though….
5. What advice can you give to aspiring composers?
It is always best to prepare yourself before the opportunity meets u…..work on your craft beforehand….and always follow your heart.
6. What other composer’s or artists have you worked with?
I have with the most talented guy by the name of Xoli Thabethe, Nqubeko Mbatha, Brenda Mtambo those are the people I have been blessed to have worked with.
7. What has been the highlight of your career?
When recorded my live DVD and CD My Worship at State Theatre in 2013 that was the highlight of my career knowing that it was just the beginning of my career as Xolani M as I’ve been in groups, backing vocalist at some point but all that preparing me for my own music and I was also growing as an individual musician.